All Catered events must be planned and confirmed with Event Management and the catering office at least 7 days prior to the event. Commons Meals require 7 days prior to the event. Student-based Board Plan Replacement (BPR) dinners require a fourteen (14) day notice. In some cases, it is possible to accommodate events with shorter notice at the discretion of Events Management and/or Catering management.
Menu Selections at middcatering.catertrax.com
• Buffet Table (food in chafers/platters/bowls)
• Separate table for self-serve beverages and desserts
• Attendants are provided at a Middlebury Catered buffet style dinner event with a minimum of 25 guests. The ratio of server to guest will be determined at the discretion of the catering manager.
A La Carte meals DO NOT include attendants.
Menu selections at middcatering.catertrax.com
• Complete table set-up with complete service
• Attendants are provided at a Middlebury Catered plated and served meal with a minimum of 25 guests. The ratio of server to guest will be determined at the discretion of the catering manager. Served meals will require additional service staff. There will be an hourly charge for those that are scheduled in addition to the standard number of staff required. Staffing will be determined at the discretion of the catering manager with the customer's best interest in mind.
• A precise count of each entrée item is requested at minimum of (5) days prior to the event
• Beer and wine service as well as non-alcoholic beverage selections may be added to an event.
• We strictly adhere to the Vermont Department of Liquor Control Laws.
• Separate charges for alcohol service will apply to any event where there is alcohol. The hourly charge for bartenders will be $25 and there will be a minimum of $100 for an event where alcohol is served (charges for bartenders, wine service, attendants, and crowd control, may apply)
• All alcohol must be ordered through Middlebury Catering.
• Under no circumstances may a customer supply their own alcohol (BYOB) is not legal at any catered event)
• Persons hosting an unstaffed “drop-off” event, will assume responsibility for all Middlebury Catering equipment. Charges for any missing equipment will be billed to the sponsoring department or group. Middlebury Catering will pick up equipment. We are not responsible for providing and setting up tables for drop-off events. It is the responsibility of the customer to provide adequate table space to accommodate the order.
• A service fee of $25 will be charged to the customer’s index account for each event
• Orders may be delivered up to 30 minutes prior to the scheduled service time. We will always make our best effort to pick up as close to the requested pick up time as possible. If timing is critical with regard to pick up time, please specify.
Linen, china, flatware, and glassware is available for an additional fee when using Middlebury Catering. (customers may use our daily-use plates, cups, and flatware at no additional cost if your event is in Proctor, Ross, or Atwater). We are happy to provide compostable bamboo plates at our cost for an elevated fee. Our everyday compostable wares can be included at no additional charge.
Full China service: $2.50 per person
Glassware and B&B plates: $1.50 per person
Glassware only - $1 per person
Linen rental is available. Keep in mind additional linen charges may accrue due to linen coverage of bar tables, registration tables, and cocktail high tops. Please refer to CaterTrax for pricing. Our catering team is happy to advise regarding table linen coverage.
Centerpieces or decorations are not included in our pricing but will gladly accommodated at an additional cost.
Servers are included in the price of an event for which we are providing the catered event (with some exception). The ratio of server to guest will be determined at the discretion of the catering manager.
When there is a request for a meal to be plated and served there will be a fee for the additional staff required to implement this style of service.
When service or attendants are requested at an event that would typically be considered a “drop off” there may be an additional fee.
Please do not remove any Middlebury Catering supplies or equipment. If supplies are removed, your department will be charged the replacement cost. All equipment sent out with catered events will be picked up immediately following the event or the following day.
All equipment sent out with catered events will be picked up immediately following the event or the following day.
For health and safedy reasons, no perishable food may be removed from a facility where a catered event is held.
Rentals outside of Middlebury Catered Events
Middlebury Catering regrets that it does not have the resources to allow people or organizations that are not associated with a Middlebury catered event to borrow or rent our linen or equipment.
Middlebury Catering at Bread Loaf Campus
Bread Loaf offers an alternative to the main campus dining venues during the academic year. It boasts of being the home to the Summer School Programs during the months of June, July and August. Bread Loaf Campus is an extension of our main campus, and our Event Planning and Catering policies and procedures extend to this campus as well with a few variations. Any event held at Bread Loaf requires a minimum guest count of 50.